ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures of all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Sunday, July 14, 2024

One Eyed Alien Art Project


This is a Grade 5 project I developed quite a few years ago. I was perusing my local Dollarama and found really big googly eyes (about 1" - 2" in diameter). I immediately thought of a cool one-eyed alien project. This lesson really challenges students' creative skills.

This project was published in SchoolArts Magazine a few years ago. 

You only need simple materials for this art project:
black construction paper
white paint or white paint pens (for stars)
markers
copy paper
large googly eyes (1- 1" diameter)
scissors and glue sticks

See all the steps to this project in my previous post HERE.








 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...