ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Saturday, August 27, 2022

One Eyed Alien Art Project


This is a Grade 5 project I developed quite a few years ago. I was perusing my local Dollarama and found really big googly eyes (about 1" - 2" in diameter). I immediately thought of a cool one-eyed alien project. This lesson really challenges students' creative skills.

This project was published on School Arts Magazine a few years ago. 
See a digital version of it  HERE.

On regular photocopy paper, students had to design an alien. I try to encourage them to think outside of a typical 'humanoid' form but the majority of students naturally gravitate towards that familiar design.
I give them all a googly eye (#1 question I get from students: "Can I have more than one?") and they can trace around this eye so they know where it will go in the end.
Once drawn, colour with markers and cut out carefully.


This gets glued onto black paper.


Stars are painted onto the background. Glue on the googly eye.



Some Grade 5 results:







 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...