ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Dali's Moustache Portrait Drawing


This is a portrait drawing lesson I teach as part of my Salvador Dali unit to Grade 6 students. 
See my other Dali lesson HERE. This lesson was inspired by the one posted HERE on the Australian art blog "Use your Colored Pencils".

So we start of by looking at photos of all of Dali's crazy moustaches. Then I do a portrait drawing review and give them handouts with photos of Dali on it. 


They skecth out their Dali portrait in pencil then go over all the lines with a black marker.




For the background, students could do whatever crazy ideas they wanted. Some added ants, melting clocks or other typical Dali imagery. Hot glue on a pipe cleaner moustache as the last step. 
I love how fun and silly these are!




 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...