ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Jen Aranyi Inspired Mountain Watercolour Landscapes


The work of artist Jen Aranyi has become super popular with art teachers around the world and for good reason. Her work is both stunning and accessible to students. 

To start this project, I trace circles onto heavy white paper. 
I also have a practice sheet on just photocopy paper. 




Students draw their mountain scene in pencil then outline everything in a fine tip Sharpie.


Then they watercolour the sky.




I give alot of creative freedom with this project and love the results every time!
Some works form Grades 7-9:

























 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...