ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Monday, May 3, 2021

Floral Foam Sculptures

 


This is the second time I've tried this floral foam sculpture project and I love the results everytime!

I posted the steps previously HERE.

I buy all my floral foam at Dollarama. In Canada, where I live, you can only buy it in the Spring and Summer. I tried doing this in the winter once and couldn't find any floral foam in the stores. 

I save box lids from the office where all our photocopy paper comes in. Students do all their carving in the box lids and dump out the scraps in the garbage periodically. I have scrap foam for them to practice on first. They use plastic utensils, chopsticks, bamboo sticks and anything else they can think of to carve their sculpture. They are fragile and soft so they need to be careful with the carving process.

Once it's finished, prime them with white acrylic paint.




Once primed and dry, they can be painted with acrylic. I have metallic acrylic available also.


I have scrap wood available to use as bases. 
Students can stain them or paint them to match their sculpture.


Some Grade 10 - 12 results:



















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...