ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Friday, April 12, 2024

Shakespeare Inspired Creative Art Projects


In my high school. Grade 10-12 students get a Shakespeare unit (I still remember studying Hamlet and Macbeth in high school) where they have to complete a creative project at the end of the unit to show their understanding. It can be in any creative medium (film, music, etc), and many students choose visual art. The finished work is put on display on tables and all the classes walk around viewing the work.
The Shakespeare work studied this time was Hamlet (1599), Twelfth Night (1601), and 
As You Like It (1600).

My favourite line from Hamlet!




This was about 12 feet tall!











 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...