ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Black & White Doodle Design with Pop of Colour


This is a project I first blogged about back in 2011. I've taught it once more since then, but now keep this art project in my sub folder in case I'm sick and require a substitute teacher. It only uses markers and paper so it's a perfect lesson to leave.

See all the steps posted HERE.
I found the original lesson HERE.

You can choose what size paper you use- this time we used 8.5 x 11" copy paper as it goes by much faster. Start with a hand drawn border:


Using a black marker, start drawing a variety of patterns. Emphasize pattern and line variety. 
Print off handouts from the internet to help give kids ideas. The challenge with this lesson is that kids only draw with a marker- there is no pencils or erasers. So it's all about working with their 'mistakes'. 




Once the whole page is filled, use a lid to trace a circle (or circles) somewhere on the page.


Colour in the circle using markers.



Some finished Grade 4,5,6 artworks:




 










 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...