ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Heart Maps Art Project


This is an Art & English/writing project that I did with a Grade 6 class called "heart maps".
I found the lesson on the Scholastic website HERE

It asks students to create a heart map that expresses the following: 
What’s special in your life? Fill this heart with people, places and memories that are most important to you. Be creative with shapes and sizes.

I bought large pink and white heart doilies from Dollarama. I then printed out a heart shape that fit perfectly inside these doilies. Using the PDF lesson linked above, students could brainstorm and plan their design. Then their good copy on the white heart I provided. 
They used coloured pencils and markers to colour them in.

Here are some finished one!










 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...