ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Saturday, November 26, 2022

Handmade Holiday Cards for Hospice Staff




This community card making project was an initiative led by one of my high school art students last December. She asked if we could make Christmas cards for all the staff and volunteers who work at a hospice in our city. I had my homeroom students (Grade 6) as well as some other classes create cards. I basically provided all the supplies and let them create whatever type of card they wanted. 
Some teachers also participated which was lovely.

See my previous post from February when we made Valentine cards for the residents at the hospice HERE.








I delivered them in these two Xmas boxes I bought at Dollarama. I hope they brought some holiday cheers to these wonderful folks who work in a very challenging environment, even more challenging during the pandemic.









 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...