ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Friday, September 9, 2022

Goal Word Design using Marker Watercolour


This was my first lesson of the year with all my classes. It takes a while for our teacher schedules to settle down and finalize, so I like to have a straightforward but fun lesson to use with all my classes during the first slightly chaotic week.

I found this lesson from Molly McFee (@mcfeesartstudio) on Instagram. 
Not related to this lesson, but her collages are amazing!!

So students can to think of a goal word to summarize the upcoming year. They folded a piece of photocopy paper in half and drew it out in capital letters using a pencil. They trace over the lines using a king size Sharpie. 


Then they use water based markers and draw designs all around the word. Then, using a brush and water, they paint over the marker, creating a watercolour effect.




Some finished works from Grades 4 through 8

























 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...