ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Feathers of Appreciation

A lovely Thanksgiving project that I found from the wonderful 
art education website Deep Space Sparkle

Grade 6 students led Grade 4 and 5 students in drawing and colouring a feather. Then, they added a word of something in their life they are grateful for. This aligns with our school's emphasis on appreciation. To read about the benefits of teaching children gratitude, this is a great article:

They sketched out a large feather on long strips of construction paper.

                                 

Then used oil pastes to colour and add patterns.
Finally cut out and then their word was glued on top. 
Use white glue as glue sticks didn't stick well to the oil pastel. 

    


    


    
    
    
They were all hung on a window for the parents to see :)

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Hello
I’m looking at DSS for the leaf template that you show pictured here . Do you know which lesson it was from? The template looks helpful for students . Thanks

Crystal said...

Hello
Did you use a leaf template for a drawing guide ? I’m searching DSS for a template like the one I see here . Thanks

Miss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss said...

Hi Crystal, no, students didn't use a template. I made a handout with a variety of feather images- I just Googled "feather clip art". Students referred to these when drawing their feather.
The Deep Space Sparkle lesson came as an email PDF when you subscribe to their newsletter. It came as a free October lesson or something like that. There was no template with it. But you can make your own.

Crystal said...

Great, thank you! I found the lesson she used in my freebie pack with the pastel leaves . Great idea to Google image the feathers , I have found some great ones to use . Thanks for this !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...