ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Endangered Animals Art Project


This is an art lesson I found on the beautiful art website: Create Art with Me. The original lesson is HERE. Michelle did an AMAZING work with her students!!

With my lessons I just tweaked a couple of things. I had my Grade 7, 8,9 students choose an endangered animal. I also let them use media of their choice.  Next time I teach this, I think I'm going to stick with watercolour and micron pens and see how they turn out. You could further tweak this by having students choose an animal native to your country or Province/State. 

Students started by researching an endangered animal on their laptops. 
They needed to find a good reference photo to work from.


On large heavy white paper, they measured out a thick border- maybe 2-3 inches wide.


They drew out their animal- it needed to extend beyond the border.



Then they needed to include some of it's natural habitat in the background.



Then they used media of choice to colour. At the end, they needed to type out a little bio about the animal and these were printed and glued onto the artwork.

Some Grade 7 - 9 results:
















 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...