ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Saturday, April 9, 2022

Polaroid Style Watercolor Paintings


This is a cool retro style watercolour project using Polaroid compositional format.
There are tons of inspiration on Instagram, where I saw this idea. 

Grade 10-12 students had to brainstorm ideas of places they've visited that made them feel safe, comfortable, happy, or has good memories of. I gave them a planning worksheet on which to sketch their ideas. 


Some even brought in their own personal photos to sketch from.



Once planned, they measured out the correct dimensions on a sheet of watercolour paper. 
Some love to tape off their paper. For watercolour media, they could use either pan watercolour or watercolour pencils. 






I love how delicate and precious these turned out!











 

2 comments:

Christina Johansson said...

Any tips on helping them draw the photo accurately? Did they eyeball it or use grid?

Miss said...

My students eyeball it- I don't teach them the grid method. Practicing on the worksheet beforehand helps them get it accurate more or less.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...