ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Tie Dye Snowflakes


This is a great one lesson activity that has beautiful results for all kids. 
I posted previously about these HERE where we used tempera pucks instead of liquid watercolours. 

Take a coffee filter, fold it in half three times, then cut it out like you would for a snowflake.
Wet it thoroughly with water, then paint it using liquid watercolours. 
Make sure to saturate it so it goes through all the layers. 


Let dry overnight. We put ours on scrap paper to dry and students write their name beside it. 


Carefully unfold and then you might need to flatten them under a heavy book. 


We hang ours in our classroom window and they look gorgeous!



You can also mount them onto white or black paper. 



 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...