ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Thursday, November 25, 2021

Watercolour, Pen & Ink Plant & Mushroom Paintings


This is a pen & ink and watercolour project inspired by the beautiful work of  Nurkhi Paints, an artist from Vancouver. 

From her website:
My name is Nuraya, and I'm a Registered Nurse and self-taught artist from British Columbia, Canada. I am inspired by the natural world and I love adding intricate details and colour to my work. My goal is to create beautiful art that brings people a sense of inspiration, calm and joy.

Find her on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/nurkhi.paints/

My Grade 7 - 9 students started off by visiting her Instagram and watching her tutorials. They looked up leaf or mushroom (or any object) online to sketch out first on paper. Then they traced it with a sharpie.


Then they painted their designs using watercolours, making sure to use at least 
two colours within each section. 




Once dry, they used an ultra fine tip sharpie (or micron pen) to fill the painting with 
closely spaced curved parallel lines. 


Some completed Grade 7 - 9 works!



























 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...