ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Ribbon Hand Lettering


This was the first 'intro' project I did with my junior high kids this past week. 
I taught them how to make a cursive word look like it was done in ribbon style.
I watched a tutorial HERE and then taught it to my students. Certain letters are super challenging so it just takes time and practice. Kids need to know how to draw in cursive for this lesson- some didn't know how!!  Why isn't this still being taught in elementary school?!

Some in progress pics from Grade 7-9 students:




















 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...