ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Saturday, August 28, 2021

Rainbow Yarn Craft


This is a craft one of my recent graduates taught kids at our school's while teachers were prepping for the new school year. She looked after the staff children and taught them how to make this craft. She saw the craft on Instagram.  All of the supplies she purchased from the Dollar store!

Needed: thick rope, yarn (thin), hot glue gun, wire or pipe cleaners, scissors, tape

Here's a useful TUTORIAL and a Youtube TUTORIAL


Cut the rope into as many layers as you want your rainbows. Make them each slightly shorter than the rest. Wrap or hot glue on a piece of wire to each rope so it can bend. 
She used three ropes as the youngest kid in the group is only in Grade 1.

Choose your yarn colours and wrap each rope, leaving the ends free.



 


Once all the ropes are wrapped, hot glue them all together. 
You can add a loop of yarn on the back for hanging. Unravel the ends a bit and trim or leave them wild!
I think they're so cute and stylish!









 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...