ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Animal Goes on Vacation Collage & Watercolour




Here in Canada, my province recently emerged from a week long cold spell- we're talking -42 C!!
So this vacation project was the perfect anecdote to visually escape the cold. I found this lesson from an art teacher on a Facebook group, "Art Teacher Life", I belong to.  This teacher is from Perth, Australia so she used an Australian animal (a quokka) for their version. 
See her art projects on Instagram @art__teacher__life

So I bought a bunch of calendars of holiday destinations. 
Buy your calendars in early January to get huge discounts of around 75% off like I did.



Grade 4 - 6 students chose a calendar page. 


Then they carefully cut away the sky.


On a sheet of 12 x 18 heavy white paper, students painted a sky of their choice. 


While the sky is drying, students drew a Canadian animal of their choice 
and coloured it in with coloured pencils.


Once the sky paper is dry, glue the calendar page on top.


Then cut out and glue on the animal. 


Some of the Grade 4 - 6 results!































No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...