ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Haunted House Silhouette Ink Paintings


This is one of my most favourite Halloween themed projects to do with my Juniour High students (Grade 7 - 9). It involved positive and negative space as well as architecture. 
I posted it about it previously HERE.

On white 12 x 18" drawing paper, students drew a silhouette of a haunted house. They use their laptops to find reference materials online and then draws from that. The need to include a full moon as well. 
The they choose an equal sized piece of coloured construction paper. They first glue on a full moon cut from construction paper. They use plastic lids to use as a circle tracer.


Then they coat the back of their drawing with a dark pencil. 
I have chunky 4B graphite sticks.  They're essentially making their own carbon transfer paper.


They tape their drawing onto to the construction paper and trace firmly over all the pencil lines with a blue ball point pen. This will transfer their drawing onto the construction paper. 


Then they paint their entire image using India ink. 



Some Grade 7 - 9 results!














No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...