ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Autumn Tree with Falling Leaves


Fall where I live in Canada was VERY brief this year! One windy day comes along and all the leaves are blown off the trees- sigh. But my mixed elective class of Grade 4 - 6 students managed to get these pretty fall landscape finished in time before the snow fell. 
I found this lesson on the website: Art Projects for Kids HERE. It's a great lesson on perspective and the concept of near and far. 

My kids taped down heavy white paper and painted a simple sky and ground. 


While these were drying, they practiced drawing bare branched trees on scrap paper. 


When they were happy with their drawings, they drew the tree on their background paper.


They added in falling leaves of a variety of sizes and painted them using watercolours. 


They painted their tree using brown tempera. Once these were dry, students went in with dark pencil crayons to outline and add details to the leaves. 





detail of the leaves










2 comments:

Mary said...

These are Beautiful! I love the soft colors in the background. What a great lesson for perspective!

Miss said...

Thank you Mary :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...