ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Dragon Drawings


I was shopping at Michaels one day, browsing the book section, and came across this cool book: THE ART OF DRAWING DRAGONS, by Michael Dobrzycki. What I like about this book is not only the step-by-step instructions, but how it features dragons and other mythological creatures from around the world, including those originating in Egyptian, Irish, Norse, and Greek mythology. 


I photocopied a bunch of pages and leave them in a folder for my students to use when they 
have free time (early finishers!!)  These are some finished ones by my Grades 4 - 6 students:

















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...