ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Monday, May 14, 2018

Tie Dye Coffee Filter Creatures


This is a cute lesson perfect for younger elementary grades- I think I did this with my Grade 2's a couple of years ago. I found the lesson HERE on the website "Raising Little Superheroes".
It's a great end of the year lesson as you can use up some of the scrap paper you have lying around. 

Start off by having the kids colour in coffee filters using washable markers. 


Then they sprayed them with water- we tried making monoprints by putting the wet coffee filter between two sheets of paper - it worked out fairly well. But we didn't end up using them for anything so I tossed them in my scrap paper bin, haha. The coffee filters need to dry overnight.


The next class, I had them sketch out a practice sketch to envision what 
their creature might look like. 


Then they used scrap paper from my big scrap paper box and cut out and 
glued on the face and any accessories.


Some Grade 2 results:









2 comments:

Mandy England said...

Hello! I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of these ideas and resources that you have put together here! I spent a long time yesterday sifting through your posts, and as a homeschooling mom living outside of my home country, I am SO grateful for these resources you've shared that will make my lessons more fun and engaging for my kids. I found your page because I was looking for African crafts, specifically, to go along with our current studies, but I'm just so impressed with the variety of content you have here. Thank you!

Miss said...

Englands in Asia: Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I definitely have a lot of homeschooling followers and am glad my lessons are useful to you. I've gotten so many ideas from various art blogs over the years, I figured I needed to share as well :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...