ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Snow Bears


This is a great winter lesson I've had success with in the past. I found the project on the website 
"Art Projects for Kids" HERE. Kathy's always great in providing amazing step-by-step drawing instructions of you like to do guided drawing projects with your students. 
I find these types of lessons help my weaker students have more success- 
breaking it down into small steps really seems to help them.

So my Grade 1 kids drew along with me in pencil. Then they added patterns and details to their clothing. They outlined their drawings in Sharpies.


Then I did a brief watercolour painting demo for them. They drew snowflakes in the sky first using a white wax crayon- press hard! Then they painted the sky, then the clothing.
They all really enjoyed this project! 
This took one- 40 minute period for all but 5 students to finish, but it was definitely rushed!
Next time I'd break it down into two periods.




Grade 1 artwork:















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...