ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Soft Snowman

this was my sample
I was given these soft Swiffer type pads donated to the art room (don't ask).  I had them for about a year before I figured out what to do with them.  I thought they would be good for Kindergarten because they are soft, so a great texture project.

Unfortunately they were quite difficult to cut (not as easy as, say, felt), so I had my high school volunteer cut out a bunch of circles for me- two sizes.

The Kinders created their background by collaging tissue paper scraps onto a piece of cardstock.
Then gluestick on the two circles (white glue seeps through the thin material).  Then, using scraps of construction paper, felt, fabric, pom poms, whatever you have, kids embellish their snowmen. So cute!  They all come out so individually.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...