ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mural Painting with Children

My first year teaching I started a Mural Club- our school grounds had three buildings/classrooms I was told I could paint on at will. Needless to say, painting with elementary aged children- with house paint- was an, er, experience. 

I learned alot that year:

1. House paint drips. Alot. Down children's arms when you're painting a vertical surface. 
It even gets into their hair.

2. Parents can be very forgiving and understanding if their kids are having a great time.

3. Vaseline (petroleum jelly) gets house paint off skin/hair.

4. I will never do a Mural Club with young students again!!!

Here are the results: Ta da!

 

Don't be fooled- this photo was taken the day after we finished painting...


Our Caribbean themed mural- an illustrated map of Hispaniola.

This was the athetics logo which we painted on the PE storage shed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...