ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Landscape Magazine Collage


I say this for many of my projects but this is one of my all time favourite projects!  I wish my students felt the same; honestly, this is not their favourite project. It's tedious and time consuming and I fin students struggle more and more these days with projects that require alot of patience. They're getting so used to doing everything fast and having fast results, that this project ends up frustrating them.

Nonetheless, I continue to teach it!  It teaches them patience and slowing down; skills our kids desperately need. 

See my previous post on this project HERE.

Students start by finding a landscape photo online to recreate using magazine paper. It can be a place they've visited or wish to visit. It should have a background, middle ground and foreground. 
They sketch out the main shapes/sections onto tagboard. They label in each section which colours they will use and whether the paper will be torn or cute. They need a combination of both. 


They they tear out pages from magazine and start tearing or cutting them.



I mix up a bottle of 'collage glue" which is 50/50 mix of white glue and water. 
They pour this glue into yoghurt cups.


Some finished Grade 7 - 9 collages:














































 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...