ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Monday, March 25, 2024

Chalk Pastel Easter Eggs


Here's a messy but fun Easter themed project that my Grade 4-6 students recently finished.
I showed them how to draw and shade an egg using chalk pastels. 
I've posted this lesson previously HERE, where I normally use clear glue. 
This time, to save time, we used black oil pastels for the drawing step.

Students started by doing a quick practice sketch planning out their patterns. 


Then they drew it on large 12 x 18" black construction paper and outlined all the 
pencil lines with a black oil pastel.


Then I showed them how to use a white chalk pastel to add the highlight down the center first. 


Then they continued colouring the eggs and blending gently with their fingers.


This is what they completed by the end of an 80 minute period. 



The next class, they tackled the grass and the sky.



Some Grade 4,5,6 finished artworks!












 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...