ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Contemporary Evergreen Trees Mixed Media Collage

 


I found this pretty winter lesson HERE on the wonderful Dutch Art blog "Kids Artists". 

See my previous post of this lesson HERE.

I modified the lesson a bit- instead of using bleeding tissue for the trees, we created textured paper using salt sprinkled over liquid watercolours. This took one period.

Once dry, measure out a bunch of triangles for the trees.



Outline and add details with a gold or silver marker.


On a separate sheet, paint a sky with a snowy landscape. Add some falling snow in the sky if desired. Once dry, lay all the trees out and find a pleasing composition and glue down.






Some Grade 6 results!




















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...