ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Monday, December 5, 2022

Paper Bag Snowflakes


Do you decorate your classroom for the holidays?  These paper bag snowflakes make large and beautiful decorations to jazz up any winter holiday get together.

I led a crafting session with teachers at my school after school one day. These are going to be hung as decorations for our staff Christmas/Holiday party. There are loads of tutorials on YouTube and Instagram and Tiktok. You simply hot glue 8-9 paper bags together, cut out a design, then open up and glue the ends together. You can buy different colours and sizes of paper bags for more variety. I just bought plain brown ones from my local Dollarama. I also ordered white bags from an art catalog- the paper was different and worked less well than the brown ones for some reason. 

These would also be fun to make with a class. But, using 30 hot glue guns at once isn't fun, so you can also use glue sticks or white glue. But I would weight them with a heavy book for 30 minutes before cutting and unfolding. 


I have to still hot glue them closed and add string, but it was really fun making these with colleagues. 










I sent some photos to my friend (who's very artistic) who then made some with her relatives!










 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...