ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Monday, October 17, 2022

Cubist Oil Pastel Portraits


The classic Picasso Cubist portrait lesson!

I introduced Grade 5 students to Picasso's colorful Cubist portraits. We discussed the style and elements in his works. They did a practice sketch then drew their good copy on black construction paper. 


Then they were coloured using oil pastels. 
Students were encouraged to mix and layers colours. 


Some Grade 5 finished portraits:







 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...