ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Autumn Birch Tree Paintings


Beautiful birch trees!  My favourite trees!  
I love them especially in the fall when the leaves turn a bright yellow.

Students created these stunning birch tree paintings using tape and acrylics.
They used two different sized widths of masking tape to lay down trees on heavy white paper. 
They 'linted' the tape on their clothes first to take off the excess stickiness. Then they painted over the whole thing with a shade of blue or turquoise. 


They added some 'dead grass' at the bottom.


Then carefully peeled off the tape.




The next class they painted the bark texture using a dry brush technique and 
added some black and white branches. 


Then, using a round bristle brush, they dabbed on two shades of yellow for the leaves. 



Some Grade 4,5,6 finished works:











 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...