ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Observational Shoe Contour Drawing with Patterns


This was an excellent contour shoe drawing lesson I found on The Art of Ed website HERE
I used this as a sub lesson when I was away for a conference recently. I left it for Grades 4-9. It was perfect because it only needed minimal supplies and no mess for the sub! The younger grades said it was 'really hard' and my Grade 7-9 students had no problem at all with it. I feel like all the students did really well with it nonetheless!

They started with an observational drawing of their shoe on regular copy paper.




Then they outlined their shoe in Sharpie.



Then they broke up the background into large sections and drew a pattern in each one. 


The background was coloured using markers.


I love the Crayola Tropical series.


Some Grade 7-9 results:






Grade 4 - 6 results:




















2 comments:

bangbang said...

Hi Miss,

May I ask for your permission to use some of the artworks listed in this thread?

Please let me know how you would want me to credit it.

Thank You.

Miss said...

Hi bangbang,
Thanks for asking. I have to say no because it's my students work. Thanks for understanding :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...