ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Viking Longship Watercolour Paintings


My mixed Grade 7-9 class recently completed these watercolour paintings of Viking Longships. 
I taught this lesson about 3 or 4 years ago- you can see the steps HERE.
I really recommend using watercolour paper for this- it makes all the difference. This time I tried a 'budget student brand' watercolour paper and it was utter garbage! I mean, it worked enough but not as well as it could have. 





Some of the Grade 7 - 9 paintings:



































No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...