ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Monday, August 8, 2016

Printmaking Flowers

 This was a cool printmaking lesson my student teacher taught to my Grade 3 class in the Spring.
She collected lots of 1 and 2 litre pop bottles and used a variety of empty paint bottles and lids (yes, I save them all!) she found in my cupboards. Smooth running of this lesson involves setting up, before class starts, a 'station' in the middle of each table- each of my long tables sits 4 students. Each station had plastic lids full of tempera paint, different sized bottles and lids as well as scraps of cardboard (cereal boxes cut into rectangles) for the stems and leaves.


Here below they started off by stamping stems and leaves with pieces of cardboard. 
We use large pieces of construction paper to protect the tables- I read about this on the fantastic art website "Deep Space Sparkle" years ago, loved the idea and have used it ever since!



Then they dipped the bottles into the paint to create different types of flowers and petals.



 Here are some of the finished pieces- the kids did a wonderful job! 
I love the variety of results!



 













No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...