ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!



Friday, July 29, 2016

Paper Plate Flowers


This was a project some of my Grade 5,6 students made during the last couple weeks of school this year. I found the lesson HERE on the website: "Pink Stripey Socks".  It's a cheap project that can yield some fantastic and complex results. My students really took their time in deciding how they wanted their petals to look!  I pulled out lots of the crafty supplies to use as decorations: glitter, glass blobs, sequins, gems, buttons, pom poms, etc. We also used liquid watercolours to paint these but regular watercoours or any type of paint, really, would work. The key, I found, is to use the really thin cheap-o white paper plates. I can usually find them at the Dollar Store but find they're getting harder and harder to locate- I had to hunt around at a few different stores to find them. 
Overall a really fun and colourful project!

















2 comments:

Joelle said...

I love those flowers made with paper plates! Beautiful! I will share it soon on FB and Twitter!

Miss said...

Thanks Joelle :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...