ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Frankenstein Kids


I found this super adorable art lesson HERE on the Artventurous Blog. 
She links to THIS website (artforkidshub) which has a tutorial on how to draw Frankensteins's monster. My Grade 3 kids watched this tutorial and drew along for a practice. They loved it!

Then I re-drew it on my whiteboard step-by-step again for the slower students.


After their practice drawing, they drew their good copy on thick 12x18" white drawing paper.


Then they outlined their drawing with a Sharpie.


Then they outlined all the way around their figure with a yellow wax crayon. 
Then they added some electricity lines.


Then they colored in their figure using construction paper crayons.


Finally- phew! - they used watercolor in the background.


This took about 3 - 40 minute periods in total.
Some Grade 3 results- ta da!





















3 comments:

Mary said...

You must have been a very popular teacher! I can just tell how much fun the kids had making these. Cute!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the really good instructions. The pictures looks great, with a classroom of mainly boys I am sure they will enjoy this.

Miss said...

Thanks Mary- the kids definitely had fun making these!
Thanks Anonymous- yes, this project especially appeals to boys!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...