ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Torn Paper Watercolour Landscape Collage

 


This was a project inspired by the Canadian artist Susan Kristoferson @susan_kristudio

.She lives in Southern Alberta and uses nature and life experiences to inspire her artworks made entirely out of paper. I saw her work at Bluerock Gallery which is a charming art gallery/gift store in the town of Black Diamond and was immediately inspired to design an art lesson inspired by her work. 

These were created by my high school students three years ago when we were all online. So students made these with little instruction from me. I love how charming they turned out. They hand painted paper using watercolour. Then they tore and cut it all up to re-create a landscape of their choice. 
















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...