ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Rainbow Words of Gratitude


This is a lesson I found HERE that I modified a bit. It's great for the first week of classes- I've taught it to Grade 4 all the way to Grade 12. I have students choose a word representing something they are grateful for (pets are a popular choice with the younger kids!!). Can be anything in their life.

See my previous post about the lesson HERE- where it explains all the steps!
My favourite markers to use with this lesson are Mr. Sketch because they have such a crisp wide edge.
Students choose their own colour scheme. 
A great lesson to review pattern and line quality.






Some finished Grade 4 - 6 designs:
















 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...