ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Friday, December 3, 2021

Elf drawing and watercolour


Adorable elf watercolours by Grade 3 students.
This is a perfect lesson for that week before Christmas break when teachers are tired and students are high energy! If your school is like mine, art teachers are super busy in December. My school has two winter concerts that I help decorate for and provide artwork for, plus a winter market!

So I definitely try and simplify me lessons during this month for my sanity. Guided drawings are the way to go with younger kids. It helps kids who are not super confident drawers have step by step visuals. And for more advanced or creative students, they can use the handouts and a jumping off point for more creative drawings. 

I found this great step by step handout of an elf drawing HERE on the "Art Projects for Kids" website Kathy has SO many great guided drawing handouts you can print out. Great for days when you need a substitute teacher as well. 

My Grade 3's started by drawing their elf onto heavy white paper.


Then they outline with Sharpie and paint with watercolours. 
Of course you could also use markers or coloured pencils.
They can add, embellish and do whatever they like with their drawings. These would also make cute Christmas cards!





 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...