ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Holiday Reindeer Painting


This is a lovely holiday project that I saw on the wonderful Deep Space Sparkle website HERE.
Patty shows all the steps and even has a video tutorial and handouts.

My Grade 4 - 6 class started by drawing their reindeer onto heavy paper. 
Then they painted it using tempera. 




Once dry, cut it out and glue it onto a larger sheet of background paper. Outline the eyes and add details using pencil crayons or whatever you'd like. Cut out antlers from construction paper and glue them on. Add a collar, bells, whatever else you'd like.


We added a pom-pom nose.


Finally we painted snow in the background. 


Some finished reindeer- so cute!















 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...