ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Thursday, September 3, 2020

One Point Perspective Pumpkin Patch Landscape


This is one of my favourite annual Fall projects I do every year with My grade 6's. It teaches one point perspective as well as the idea that objects get smaller as they get further back in the distance.
I posted this lesson previously HERE.

We start by reviewing one point perspective. hey practice drawing a filed on scrap paper and show me that they understand the concept. Then they practice drawing both a barn and a scarecrow. Once they're all warmed up, they start drawing their good copy.  
If we do this lesson closer to Halloween, many kids make theirs 'spooky'. 
Sketch it all out, outline in thin tip Sharpie and then use the bleeding marker watercolour technique. You could of course also just colour these with coloured pencils or markers or regular watercolours. 

Some Grade 6 results:














No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...