ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Super Cute Ladybugs


I found this super adorable ladybug project HERE on the Georgetown Elementary Art Blog. I also did it with my Grade 1 class- I have a big 'insects in art' unit I do with them, so this fit in nicely.

Day 1: I pre-cut 12 x 18" white paper into squares. They drew a border and painted it using tempera pucks. I love the convenience of these. I encouraged them to use a light colour for the center part (like yellow). That way, the ladybug that is glued on will really show up. 



The next class, students made their ladybugs out of red and black construction paper. They glued the body down frist, then an oval head on top. We used reinforcements for the eyes. The legs and antennae were drawn on using a black marker. 
They're so cute!




























1 comment:

Anuprem said...

ya .....absolutely there r super cute lady bugs....great job by your students...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...