ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, December 14, 2014

Olaf!


This is a perfect winter art lesson for all the "Frozen" fans out there. My Grade 3 students loved this project! To start off, I put a photo of Olaf up on my big screen TV. The students were able to refer to this while they did a pencil drawing of Olaf. 


One student also brought in her Olaf stuffie, so we had him up on display for reference as well :)


Once Olaf was drawn, I showed students how to lightly shade one side of him 
using a grey coloured pencil. Then we cut him out.

We then worked on the background- we drew three layers on light blue construction paper: the sky, some simple hills and a frozen pond. We coloured this using chalk pastels and varying the direction of our line: diagonal for the shy, curved lines for the hills and horizontal lines for the ice. 
We blended, blended and blended some more with our fingers.




Then Olaf was glued on- use white glue because glue sticks didn't work for us.

My sample


We cut out arms and 'hair' using brown paper.

They came out so cute and happy!














No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...