ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Torn Paper Garden Collage


This a great 'towards the end of the year' art activity where you can use up all those scraps of colored scrap you've saved and accumulated all year.
I explained to students that we would be using tearing paper with our hands instead of cutting it using scissors. I demonstrated how to make a few different types of flowers and then had them practice a bit. A few were definitely frustrated in the beginning, and asked if they could 'just use scissors'. But I encouraged them to keep at it and that it would get easier, with practice.
Students started off by creating a minimum of five flowers on white paper. I encouraged them to try different types of flowers, and to vary the size and the height: some short, some tall, some medium. 
Glue these on the paper using a glue stick.



Once the flower heads are all glued on, then attach the stems.


Finally, glue on some leaves.



















2 comments:

Hope Hunter Knight said...

My favorite way to make flowers! Looks great :)

Miss said...

Me too, now! Surprisingly, I've never done torn paper collage with students before and we loved it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...