ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!



Sunday, May 18, 2014

Torn Paper Garden Collage


This a great 'towards the end of the year' art activity where you can use up all those scraps of colored scrap you've saved and accumulated all year.
I explained to students that we would be using tearing paper with our hands instead of cutting it using scissors. I demonstrated how to make a few different types of flowers and then had them practice a bit. A few were definitely frustrated in the beginning, and asked if they could 'just use scissors'. But I encouraged them to keep at it and that it would get easier, with practice.
Students started off by creating a minimum of five flowers on white paper. I encouraged them to try different types of flowers, and to vary the size and the height: some short, some tall, some medium. 
Glue these on the paper using a glue stick.



Once the flower heads are all glued on, then attach the stems.


Finally, glue on some leaves.



















2 comments:

Hope Hunter Knight said...

My favorite way to make flowers! Looks great :)

Miss said...

Me too, now! Surprisingly, I've never done torn paper collage with students before and we loved it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...