ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Glue Line Eggs


Here's another Easter project involving glue. This time, my Grade 6 students used regular white glue to 'draw' an Easter scene- they had to include at least two eggs and show overlapping- to give a sense of space. Remind students to draw large, simple shapes;
otherwise the glue will just bleed together into a blob.
I encouraged students to add any extra elements such as baskets, chicks, bunnies, sun, etc.

Here's the wet glue....


Let them dry flat overnight- we used the floor due to lack of space....


The next day the glue will be flat and barely visible.


Use a fine point Sharpie and slowly and carefully outline both sides of all the glue lines.


You'll have something like this....


Then students used tempera cakes watered down to create transparent washes, and filled in their painting.
Of course, you could also use watercolours or liquid ink which might be even more beautiful.

If you like this project, you might be interested in a similar one we did for Halloween here.

Ta da!
















4 comments:

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

I do like the transparency of the colors.
The colors are so beautiful

Mary said...

I just came across your blog. Where have I been? You have some fantastic projects! (like these glue line eggs) I have given you a Versatile Blogger Award. You can see my latest post for details.

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

You've just gotten another Versatile Blogger Award from me. Congratulations!

http://explorationinart.blogspot.com/

Miss said...

Thanks all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...