ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures of all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Tissue Paper Autum Collage


This is a super charming tissue paper collage that is sort of reminiscent of 
an Eric Carle illustration.
I found the lesson HERE on the Instagram account: @thelittleartistsroom based in Australia.

Grade 4 - 6 students used scissors, brushes and watered down white glue to cut out simple, stylized shapes for a fall landscape. These were done on 12 x 18" heavy white paper. The biggest challenge was showing student how to use a thin layer of glue. Trees were tricky to cut out as well. Other than that, the kids enjoyed it!














 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...