ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures of all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Thursday, October 10, 2024

Scratch Art



This was an open project I gave to my Grade 10-12 class. They have done scratch art before so I didn't need to review much, other than telling them lots of details, pattern and line work. Fur and feathers work very well with scratchboard techniques.

They sketched a drawing first on regular copy paper. Then they tape it onto their chosen scratchboard and trace over the lines firmly with a ball point pen. This transfers a faint grey line onto the scratchboard. 




The gold ones were very difficult to photograph as they are metallic and highly reflective! Hence why I had to photograph these n an angle. 























 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...