ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Sunday, September 15, 2024

Favorite Books Tree Display Bulletin Board


I am a little bit known for my tree displays at my school. I'm asked at least once a year to make one- it takes a lot of work so I'm very selective when I do them. 
See my previous trees HERE and HERE.

This was a display for the Library/Humanities teachers. 
They wanted a tree to display students favourite books. This would be a nice display if your school has a book week or anything like that. 

I taped two sheets of brown bulletin board or roll paper together with clear packing tape.  Then I loosely sketched out a swirly, whimsical tree shape.


Then I painted it in shades of brown using tempera.


The most painstaking part is cutting it out- what.a.pain. You could also bribe students with candy or whatnot to do this task for you.


I then passed it along to the other teachers who then taped it (crookedly I might add, but I digress) 
to a large enough wall in the hallway.
Students were given green leaf templates on which they wrote their favourite book (title and author). These were then taped onto the tree. It got bushier as the week progressed.
It was interesting to read everyone's favourite book.

  




 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...