ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Artist profile: Crocheted Flowers by @knotted.2020


Today I wanted to share the fiber art of one of my former students. For years, she has crocheted many items, including blankets and cute pumpkins for the fall. I supervised a crochet class she taught at my school and sadly, I was the only student who couldn't figure it out, lol. Knitting and crochet has always been so hard for me, I don't know why!

Currently, she is making and selling gorgeous flowers and flower bouquets. 
These make the perfect gift as they last forever! I want to promote her small business as she was such a wonderful student; she was always a very kind, helpful and hard working.
I'm so happy that she is currently in university studying to be a teacher :)

Her Instagram is  @ knotted.2020   
She is located in Calgary, Alberta.

She sent me some progress photos to show how she creates a tulip.
(she could also have a career as a hand model, am I right?!)








Some of her finished bouquets:



  



She also crochets pumpkins and pine cones for the autumn season! 












 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...