ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I respect the histories, languages and cultures all the Indigenous peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our community.

Monday, March 4, 2024

Winter Evergreen Tree Paintings


This is a charming winter landscape painting lesson that I saw on Art with Mrs. H's Instagram HERE.
We have a lot of snow here where I live in Canada- yes, in March!!

Grade 4-6 students started by painting a watercolour sky. That took one class.


Next class, I demonstrated how to paint an evergreen tree using black tempera. I encouraged Grade 5,6 student to paint two trees; Grade 4 students only had to paint one. 

Once that layer dried, they layered on gray paint. 


The final layer was white tempera.
Some added snow in the sky afterwards.


I mounted these onto coloured construction paper, then added a gold glitter border using white glue.


I love how these turned out!
Some finished Grade 4-6 artworks:




















 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...